Healthcare events and similar conferences enable your organization to provide continuing education opportunities for medical professionals. They also require extensive planning and coordination to ensure they meet the attendees’ expectations and optimize the learning experience.
The event management process for healthcare conferences
Effective event management for healthcare gatherings requires proficiency in several crucial areas:
A successful event starts long before the first attendee walks through the door. It’s crucial to begin the planning phase several weeks before the conference dates.
Activities to complete during the initial planning phase include:
- Determine the size of the event and the number of people you expect to attend.
- Choose a suitable venue that meets your size and seating requirements and provides convenient access to guest accommodations.
- Put out a call for potential speakers to submit abstracts for your team to review.
- Begin to create the agenda for the event, including speakers, individual training sessions and other related activities.
- Determine your food and beverage service needs and contact caterers if necessary.
- Identify other materials you may need outside vendors to supply.
- Finalize your budget and spending limits for each aspect of the event (food, venue, staff, accommodations, etc.)
The second pre-conference planning phase should encompass the following activities:
- Complete the abstract review process and finalize the speaker arrangements.
- Implement your marketing/promotional plan.
- Finalize accommodation and transportation arrangements.
- Finish creating any materials you’ll be providing at the event.
- Decide on menu items and confirm food and beverage arrangements with the caterers.
- Ensure that all essential technical equipment will be in place.
- Conduct a site walk-through to determine if any final improvements or upgrades are necessary.
- Select a method for checking in attendees and make provisions for people who did not pre-register.
Delegate and communicate with your team
Teamwork and delegation are crucial on the day of the event. Arrive early to check that everything is set up correctly and address any last-minute issues. Check the registration area and verify there is a sufficient supply of name tags, agendas and other materials. Conduct a quick meeting with staff to ensure everyone understands their specific roles and responsibilities.
Use tools to stay organized
Staying organized throughout the process is crucial for providing the best event experience. Utilizing technological resources can help by automating many of the activities and reducing the burden on you and your staff. You’ll then be able to devote more time to meeting your attendees’ unique needs in other areas.
Attendee Interactive Offers Advanced Healthcare Event Management Systems
Attendee Interactive can simplify event logistics for healthcare conferences with our assortment of intuitive software solutions. Our products can assist with the abstract review process, activity and speaker management, credit and certificate issuance, and accreditation management. Get access to user-friendly tools that give your healthcare meetings premium coverage.